Join our team of innovators solving urban design and growth challenges using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence. We are world leaders in this field, partnering with universities to incorporate the latest research into our solutions.
We have a policy of “Giving IT Back”. We are providing pathways and experience for undergraduates and graduates to give them a start in the Information Technology and Urban Planning profession.
Intern Urban Analyst
Sizztech is looking for a passionate person who is an undergraduate in their final year(s) of study or a recent graduate to join our intern program. This program will give you practical experience with data-driven urban planning, utilising geospatial tools.
You will assist the team with preparing input data for our urban growth models.
As an Intern Urban Analyst in our team, you should:
- Been exposed/worked on projects that required the analysis and interpretation of planning schemes.
- Understand the development approval process in Queensland.
- Demonstrate the ability to review and assess the development outcomes of Development Approvals.
- Have a passion for learning new technologies and frameworks
- Want exposure to the innovative use of:
- Geospatial technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Big Data
- What to help our customers get the best out of our solution
This internship is for a period of eight weeks or approximately 160hrs. Typically, you will be working 16 hours to 24 hours per week. The 40 hours are unpaid while you undergo supervision and technology training to acquire the skills required for the position. The last 120 hours are paid. Your remuneration is based on your age and experience.
For the right candidate, there is the opportunity that you will be offered a casual position while you continue to undertake your degree.
You must be able to initially work at our office in the Innovation Precinct located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, a short walk from the Fortitude Valley Train Station.
Sound like you?
Check out the skills below, and as long as you can do at least a few of these things, we would love to receive your application (including your short cover letter and resume).
What skills you may have:
- Experience or exposure to geospatial tools, including the ability to intersect, dissolve and create new geometry features. ArcMap experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to interpret Preliminary Development Approvals, Development Approvals, and Master Plans.
- Ability to analyse and translate planning schemes.
- Understand how constraints and overlays can impact development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Working at Sizztech offers you:
- Working on a world-leading technology platform in a modern and collaborative environment.
- The opportunity to learn core urban planning skills.
- Gain experience using AI & ML technologies to solve complex urban growth problems.
- Skills and experience that make you job-ready at the end of the internship.
- Flexible working conditions.
- The opportunity for the internship to transition into a casual position at Sizztech.
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short cover letter detailing the skills and experience you would bring to the team.
Sizztech is dedicated to attracting and developing our team regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.